Feedback process

At Tui Medical we strive to provide our patients with the best possible care and treatment, and welcome any opportunity to improve our service. If you have suggestions which could help us, or you are unhappy with our service, we would like to hear from you. We welcome your feedback.

There are several ways by which you can make a complaint or offer feedback:

In person at the medical clinic

Approach any staff member and let them know that you would like to make a complaint or offer some feedback. They may refer you to a receptionist at the clinic. You can discuss your complaint directly with this person and they will write it down for you, or if you prefer, you can send a complaint in writing addressed to the complaints manager of the medical centre.

All written complaints will be acknowledged in writing within five working days of being received, unless the complaint is resolved within that time. We will tell you about our investigation progress and the outcome of our investigation, which we will try to do as quickly and fairly as possible.

Online or free phone

You can also lodge feedback via our contact page or free phone 0800 175 175

Online: complete this form

Free phone: 0800 175 175, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.

Health and Disabilities Advocacy Service

Another option is to contact an advocate from the Health and Disability Advocacy Service. This is a free service and you can go to their website or call 0800 555 050.

Health and Disability Commissioner

You can also make a complaint directly to the Health and Disability Commissioner at this address:

The Health and Disability Commissioner
PO Box 179
Phone 0800 11 22 33
Fax 09 373 3557

The Medical Council

New Zealand Medical Council
PO Box 11 649
Ph 04 384 7635

Privacy breach

For matters where you feel privacy has been breached, you can write to:

The Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 466
Phone 0800 803 909

Support person

At any meetings you have with the clinic staff about your complaint you are welcome to have a support person of your choice with you.

Appeals process

If you are unhappy with the outcome of our complaints investigation, you may wish to ask the Health and Disability Commissioner to review your complaint. We will cooperate fully with the Health and Disability Commissioner and provide him/her with the records relating to the complaint and our internal investigation.

Comments are closed.